We are: Goal Setters Team Players Kind to All
Coupon books will be sent home on November 16th!
If you haven’t turned in money for your field trips and don’t want to sell a coupon book, the field trip fees are:
2nd grade: $21 3rd grade $31
4th grade: $31 5th Grade $20
Please send your check into the Ralya Office.
Ralya Elementary is excited to present to you the Save Around coupon book that offers hundreds of buy one get one free discounts, along with many other great discounts!!
It is our intent that one book will go home with each family to sell unless: a). you’ve told us that you do not want to sell coupon books, or b) you’ve already paid for field trips.
Coupon Book options:
1. Sell your coupon book that goes home. Return the money to the office and pick up another book to sell.
2. Take orders with the order form that comes home with your book. Bring the order sheet and money to the office and we’ll give you the books you need. (Use the sample book to show all of the great coupons that are included).
Annual Holiday Gift Shop
December 7-10, 2015
The Holiday Store is Back! Students have an opportunity to shop independently for their family from a large selection of reasonably priced gifts. The gifts come home wrapped, labeled, and ready for the holidays! The excitement, anticipation, and satisfaction that we have seen the student’s exhibit from this experience is priceless! This is not a fundraiser but simply a service provided for our students and their families.
Students will shop during their recess. The schedule is as follows:
Monday - Richardson, Buggia, Cooper, Bennett
Tuesday - Freedberg, Amor, Gorman, Batten
Wednesday - Woods, Lynch, Trufant, VanRemmen
Thursday - Zuke, Rice, Horwath, Garcia
If you are available to help, please sign up on volunteer spot-http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/2863253900123,
or contact our organizer directly!
Tammy Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
HOLIDAY GIFT SHOP
____Friday, December 4, 1-3 p.m. (set up)
____Monday, December 7, 10:45-12:45
____Tuesday, December 8, 10:45-12:45
____Wednesday, December 9, 10:45-12:45
____Thursday, December 10, 10:45-12:45
____Thursday, December 10, 1-3 p.m. (take down)
Please call the Ralya Office by 9:00 am if your child is going to be absent from school for any reason.
You may leave an attendance message before or after school hours. Absences may also be reported on our school website.
End of the Day Schedule·
All students will exit using the front and North doors (parent pick up).
· Students going to Kids Connection will go to the Gym.
· Parent Pick up – North Parking Lot Door:
o If you are picking your student up in the line outside, you will receive a car visor sign. Please put your students first and last name on the sign utilizing all the white space possible! Black marker is requested.
· Parent Pick up – In the Building:
o Parents will wait for students in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR). We need to keep the lobby area clear.
o Students will look for the parents first in the MPR.
o Families are asked to have a common area planned for their meeting location.
o For safety reasons, please do not pick up your student at the classroom door!
· Please use the front doors during the school day and sign in at the office.
· Before school and after school, the front doors and the north doors will be unlocked.
We appreciate the cooperation of all parents and families and look forward to a safe year!
School hours are 8:17 am - 3:00 pm. Please arrive on time each day! Student supervision begins at 8:00 am. No student should arrive before 8:00 am.
Second Grade Recess / Lunch 11:15 - 11:35 Recess, 11:35 - 11:55 Lunch
Third Grade Recess / Lunch 10:50 - 11:10 Recess, 11:10 - 11:30 Lunch
Fourth Grade Recess / Lunch 11:40 - 12:00 Recess, 12:00 - 12:20 Lunch
Fifth Grade Recess / Lunch 12:05 - 12:25 Recess, 12:25 - 12:45 Lunch
Deposits to student meal accounts can be made on-line or by check or money order sent to school. We do not recommend sending cash to school with your student. For your convenience deposits to student accounts can be made at anytime online.
How do I deposit on-line?
· Create an account at SendMoneytoSchool.com to view balances, history, make deposits, or transfer between accounts. You can find a link for this at the Haslett Website (click on FOR PARENTS).
· You will need your student's school ID# to create an account. If you do not know your student's ID#, contact the school office or F&N Services at 517-339-4833, Option #2.
· Please note that SendMoneytoSchool does charge a $2.00 convenience fee for deposit transactions. It does not charge a fee to view balance or history information.
Checks made payable to Haslett Public Schools can be sent to school with your student, or mailed to Haslett Public Schools, Food & Nutrition Services at 5450 Marsh Rd., Haslett, MI 48840. Please include your student's first and last name on the check. We can accept a family check for multiple students. Please include all students' first and last names, and information about how much you want deposited to each student's account. Please note fees are assessed to the account for all returned checks.
2014 - 15 Applications for Free and Reduced Lunch expire on October 10th. All applications must be renewed yearly. Apply now so that your child’s account is updated prior to October 10. We will need to charge you for lunches after October 10 if the student account is updated. We cannot back date applications or apply benefits retroactively.
Parking Lot Information
If you plan to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, we would like you to follow these procedures:
1. Please drop off or pick up in the north parking lot. The front drive is buses only.
2. Morning drop off time starts at 8:00 am at the north door.
3. Pick up time starts at 3:00 pm at the north door. If you arrived between 3:15 - 3:20 pm there will be supervision and a lot less traffic. Please get a car visor sign and put your student's first and last name on the sign utilizing all the white space possible! Black marker is requested.
4. Parents may wait for their child on the benches in the Multi-Purpose room, if they do not want to get in the car line-up. Please do not wait in the lobby. The lobby area needs to be clear for the safety of all students.
5. Students may not walk through the parking lot without an adult.
6. Parents, please walk beside your child when crossing the parking lot.
7. Students should not be crossing the bus loop at the end of the day nor at the beginning of the day.
Parents volunteering in the classroom or attending field trips are requested to leave other children at home as this generally causes undue disruption to the normal classroom routine. If you are volunteering in the classroom or on a field trip, you will need to fill out a Background History Consent Form. These can be returned to the Ralya Office or to the Administration Building. Forms are available by clicking on the link below.
Parent / Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
Please read through the information, sign and return to your student's teacher if you haven’t done so already. This is a new state requirement to ensure that both the parent and the school understand the significance of concussions. If you ever suspect that your child has had a concussion, it is important that you seek medical attention and get clearance from the doctor before returning to school.
Many Michigan children go without health care because they have no insurance coverage.
MI Department of Community Health has programs available that can help families with their children’s health care needs.
Click on the link below for application information and to answer any additional questions!
Haslett District Volunteers
There are many ways in which you can make a difference in the lives of our students. Volunteer opportunities exist in the classrooms working directly with teachers and students, chaperoning field trips, assisting at recess or at lunch time, or helping out at a PTO function, booster activities, or extracurricular event. Volunteering can be very rewarding – which is why many of our volunteers return year after year. If you plan to volunteer this year, please return the volunteer form.