Haslett High School
Summer Office Hours
June 27-30 8:00-12:00
July 1-8 Office Closed
July 11-28 8:00-12:00 (Mon.-Thurs.)
HASLETT HIGH SCHOOL
Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is Wednesday, August 17th in the High School Cafeteria. You will receive an E-Blast the first week of August with forms to print at home (forms will be available in the front office if you are unable to print at home). The forms should be filled out and brought to school at the designated time (below). You will receive your handbook/planner, have your photo taken for the yearbook and receive a student ID. Our food service department will be taking lunch deposits during registration.
9:00-10:00a.m……Freshman and New Students
*10:15-10:45……….Freshman and New student meeting: In the main gym.This is an opportunity to meet our Administrators and learn about expectations and high school life~parents are welcome to attend.
Suggested Materials to Bring to HHS on the First Day of School
Student Handbook/Planner (If you didn’t get one at registration make sure to pick one up from the main office.)
Binder or Folder (All teachers handout lots of papers so a Binder of Folders is a good way to help keep you organized for all classes. Recommend at least 6 folders and might be helpful if they are each a different color.)
Paper (This could be a notebook, regular lined paper, or graph paper.)
Pens/Pencils (Most teachers do not really care what you use. Just understand that if you turn in work done in pink highlighter on neon yellow paper, they might miss some of your solutions due to temporary blindness!) Graphing Calculator (The math department has sets of Texas Instruments calculators (TI-83 and TI-84). Many of the lessons in the math department are based on functions on these particular devices. Amazon has these for as low as $88 for the TI-83 and $105 for the TI-84.)
Compass (The kind you use to draw circles.)
Protractor and Ruler (Good for measuring angles and as a straightedge.)
Locker number and combination (Make sure to place the information into your phone.)
Class schedule (Remember your lunch period is determined by your 4th hour class. Lunch hours will be posted all over the school. If you forget just ask someone.)
Bus number (Make sure to place your bus number into your phone. Buses will line up in the bus loop afterschool by numerical order….Mrs. Newman, Mr. Ferguson and Mr. Wegenke will be outside to assist you as needed!)
Lunch number/money or bag lunch (Make sure you know your lunch number or bring money. It is recommended you might want to bring your lunch the first few days of school so you are not overwhelmed by the long lunch lines.)
Registration forms (If you missed registration, please bring all of the registration forms we mailed home to the main office.)
Finally, our goal is to make your 1st day of High School as stress free and easy as possible. The recommended materials list will assist you in getting school started by putting your best foot forward. Together we will make the 2015-2016 school year great!
Haslett High School Senior Portraits
Senior photo time is upon us! In order to make the yearbook production process easier and photo quality stronger, we ask that photos fit the following specifications.
• Photos should be in Full Color and in digital format. We will accept actual prints, but prefer digital.
• Images MUST be 300 dpi jpegs. This is crucial to good quality reproduction.
• Digital image dimensions should measure 1.167 x 1.5inches(or 7x9 picas).. Remember that if the head size is exceedingly small, the student’s face will not be as visible. Please crop to appropriate dimensions.
• If your student opts not to have his or her portrait taken from an outside-of-school professional photographer, please consider dressing nicely for the photo taken at registration. The quality of the photos works well for the yearbook.
• While we will accept the background of your subject’s choice (including outdoors), please understand that ultra-cluttered backgrounds will not be pleasing and that revealing poses or poses including props will not be accepted. Keep in mind the size the photo runs in our book. A head and should pose is preferred.
• Professional portrait photographers generally take responsibility for getting the photo to the yearbook staff. Please communicate with photographers regarding this.
Deadline for senior portraits is Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016
Ways to submit photos:• Go to www.hjeshare.com and upload photos to a web storage site. To access the site, type in the school code hhs3956 and follow directions from there. You can watch a video that will give you specific directions on how to upload. Before uploading, please name your file: senior portrait_student name . The site will be used for uploading other types of photos, so it is key that you indicate the images are senior portraits.
• Save images to a CD and deliver it to the high school. Please include a list of whose photo is on the CD.
*Mail CD or prints to Juli Price Dixit Yearbook, Haslett High School, 5450 Marsh Road, Haslett, MI. 48840.
Any questions about photos for the for the Haslett yearbook may be directed to HHS email firstname.lastname@example.org
HASLETT HIGH SCHOOL
CLASS OF 2016 COMMENCEMENT PHOTOS
Your graduation photo is now available to view and purchase at:
Video brought to you by the HHS Black Student Union
CELL PHONE POLICY
Use of Electronic/Personal Devices: Personal Electronic Devices (PEDS) are defined as any laptop, smart phone, cell phone,
Tablet, music player, personal digital assistant or any other device with inbound/outbound communications capabilities.
Classroom at teacher discretion
Before or after school hours
During passing time
Teacher(s) that do not permit them for use
Substitute teacher(teacher discretion: must be in teacher sub notes)
Student School Climate Survey